USAVA Lending is a VA Approved Lender | NMLS ID 966439 | MB 0921703

VA Loan Advantage

After providing your DD214, the next step is obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The COE verifies to the lender that you are eligible for a VA-backed loan. The evidence needed for a COE is based on the nature of eligibility.

Veterans and current/former National Guard or Reserve members who have Federal active service need to submit the following:

*required to have a copy showing the type of service (item 24) AND the narrative reason for separation (item 28).

Active Duty Service Members submit the following:

Current National Guard or Reserve member who has never been Federal active service submit the following:

A reservist or National Guard member must have 6 qualifying and Honorable years of service in the Selected Reserve (Points Statement) or National Guard (NGB-22). Qualifying years include years in which at least one IAD or AD point was earned.

If providing points statement and the veteran has been discharged, please provide a copy of the veterans DD Form 256 (Certificate of Discharged) showing the honorable discharge after completion of Six years.

Discharged member of the National Guard who has never been activated for Federal active service submits the following:

Discharged member of the Selected Reserve who has never been activated for Federal active service submits the following:

Surviving Spouse receiving Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits submit the following:
VA form 26-1817 and veteran’s DD214 ( if available)
*Include veteran’s and surviving spouse’s social security number on the 26-1817 form

Surviving Spouse not receiving Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits submit the following to the appropriate Compensation and Pension office:
– VA form 21-534
– DD214 (if available)
– Marriage License
– Death Certificate or DD Form 1300 – Report of Casualty

Once proper documentation is gathered and completed, Service Members, Veterans, and National Guard and Reserve Members may:

If veteran have served in Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, or Afghanistan please submit the DD214 associated with that tour for the lower active duty funding fee. Contact us today for more information at (888)-842-0490

If applicant needs active duty records, Please call the National Personnel Records Center @ 866-272-6272 or online at

If applicant needs reserve/national guard records, they can call

Army – 888-276-9472

Air Force – 800-525-0102 option 3

Navy – 866-827-5672

Marine Corp. – 703-784-9306 / 9307

Coast Guard – 866-634-0574

National Guard – 888-276-9472

-Apply online: Submit your DD214 to USAVA Lending at

-Apply through USAVA: USAVA has access to the Web LGY system. This method can establish eligibility and issue an online COE in a few seconds. *Not everyone qualifies to apply online, make sure to ask your lending professional if you wish to apply this way.

-Apply by mail: Use VA Form 26-1880, Request for Certificate of Eligibility.

Surviving Spouses may:

-submit the VA form 26-1817 through USAVA

-mail the 26-1817 and DD214 (if available) to the following address:

VA Loan Eligibility Center
Attn: COE (262)
PO Box 100034
Decatur, GA 30031

or you can submit to us for electronic submission for faster results.

Get Started with USAVA

Talk to one of our VA Loan Professionals Today!


No Down Payment | No Mortgage Insurance | Low Rates

USAVA Lending is an approved lender. Not endorsed or sponsored by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs or any government agency.